Welcome to Iron Arachne!
This site lets you randomly generate content for tabletop role-playing games
and other fictional works. I'm always tinkering with it, so come back every
so often to see if something new's been added.
My name is Ben, and I'm the author of this site and all of the tools on it.
You can find my personal website and blog at
benovermyer.com. Sometimes I'll write
about what I'm working on for Iron Arachne over there.
If you find this site useful, please consider buying me a coffee.
Showing the 5 most recent change log entries.
Sep. 10th, 2023
Huge rework to species, environment, and encounter generation.
- Changed how threat level is calculated for encounters.
- Added more depth to abilities.
- Reworked how creatures, characters, and species are handled.
- Refactored a lot of code to not use classes.
- Split age data and size data into separate concepts.
- Changed a few things about how environments are generated.
Aug. 8th, 2023
- Fixed an obscure bug in the religion generator with domains.
- Added the ability specify species mix for the religion generator.
- Added the ability to specify the category of religion in the religion generator.
- Changed the default species and category for the religion generator.
- Added more species options for the fantasy family generator.
- Fixed a bug in the Stars Without Number starship generator's model numbers.
Aug. 6th, 2023
- Added support for saving multiple cultures for later use.
- Rewrote the entire site to use SvelteKit instead of Svelte.
May 22nd, 2023
- Added support for the saved culture feature to the religion generator.